10 July 2006

The Flying Pan

Leave it to the racist bastard who thought it'd be neat to name his diner that takes aim at Asians' inability to pronounce their Rs...

Cherie and Angel took me to The Flying Pan, a 24-hour diner in SoHo on Saturday for a good ol' fashioned brunch, and it was deRicious...both the food andthe clientele! I have a feeling I'll be spending my weekend mornings here drowning in a pool of my own drool. *sighs*

It definitely reminded me of Sophie's and Sunshine Diner back home, but you know what, it just isn't the same... For the same price (HK$70 = C$10), give me North American artery-clogging portions anyday. After all, nothing says 'good morning' like two sliced whole potatoes, a few burnt slices of bacon, two grease-permeated sunny side up eggs, and four slices of toast (whole-wheat, of course, the healthy alternative).

I didn't order that, though, and I opted for one of their specialties, the Eggs Norwegian - poached eggs and smoked salmon on an English muffin, complemented with a quaint little glass of pineapple juice! Sweet Jesus, it was yummy. We were so hungry we forgot to take pictures until halfway through our meal.






Just beware of people slamming the eye-catching but direly malfunctioning marine blue door behind them. The loud eardrum popping racket may leave you choking on your eggs benedict.

The Flying Pan
G/F 9 Old Bailey Street, Central
Hong Kong
+852 2140 6333

P.S. Cherie's husband is that guy behind me with the ponytail. He was a bit camera shy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Q said...

Must hit up this place if I somehow end up in Hong Kong

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home