12 June 2006

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Diarrhea?

Well, the inevitable has happened. I had my first mild case of traveller's diarrhea. No, I wasn't like a geyser 24/7, but I would have these sporadic cramps in my stomach which would lead me in making a mad dash for the nearest washroom. So when I first felt like something was up, I quickly ran through a list of things I have eaten. However, it would appear that all the food I've had was thoroughly cooked. Then I realised, it was probably from something else. Hi, note to self, when relatives constantly warn you about the local water, you should take heed and avoid a lot of things on the menu - namely iced beverages.

With my friend Audrea in town, we decided to go out and party it up at Lan Kwai Fong (Expats' and Hotties' HQ). So chances are I probably had too much to drink or I was chewing on some bad ice, which led me to the sorry state I'm in at the moment. It has seriously been a week, and I'm still feeling funny in the tummy.

It just bites that I can't drink from the tap. Every time when I brush my teeth, I rinse my mouth with water that tastes, well let's just say far from the glacial waters of Canada. It was kind of like rinsing your mouth in a public pool, hopefully with less p.p.m. of urine and other ungodly things that may float about.

And because of my icky GI system that refuses to retain water, I've had to sit out of some major partying. Bah.

I shall prevail damn it, and when I do I shall rightfully earn the title of Drunken Whore of Hong Kong.

But for now, my other throne awaits.

2 Comments:

Blogger cherryberie said...

you'll be okay vic. the first couple of weeks will be hard but your body will adjust. by then, you'll have so many tropical viruses and bacterium that it's like a party in your intestines!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Magalie said...

do like i did, and go to a free thai hospital to get a shot of penicilin. nothing solves a problem like a good shot of penicilin!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home