31 May 2006

Today in the SCMP

Say you're a western act, and you have absolutely no credibility. Or, you may have started out with some credibility but then squandered it all by being increasingly craptastic with every successive album. Then in this case, you'd be known as the Black Eyed Peas. Sure, they have catchy tunes. But I feel that their hit songs are all about tits and ass, ahem, sorry "lady lumps" and being all ghettolicious. Maybe I'm not with the "it" crowd and missing their seemingly blatant attempts at promoting justice and equality for all mankind. And talk about overexposure, I must have seen BEP like 40 times in the last year on TV back home. They were seriously everywhere: Grey Cup half-time show, Best Buy grand openings, weddings, barmitzvahs, and the like. I'm surprised people still pay to go see them live.

Well, as I was looking through the City section of the SCMP (South China Morning Post), I saw Fergie's drum-tight face staring at me. God, it was like looking at Kirstie Alley (with bad taste in jewellery) caught between the headlights. If those lips of hers get any bigger, they'll surpass the size of the Oscar Meyer-mobile. Anyway, they're coming to Hong Kong on July 16. And how much are they charging? $780, $680, and $580. So over C$100. Right...I chide those who pay to see them.

Also, Robbie Williams is supposedly coming too. He's playing the HKCEC on November 10. Prices? $1,680, $880, and $580. Oh dear. As much as I'd like to smell Robbie Williams' crotch from my front row centre seat as he dry humps his mike stand wearing presumably nothing but black Y fronts, I think I'll save up my money to see Kylie instead. Here's hoping she'll pick up her HK date again.

So tomorrow is the Dragon Boat Festival at Stanley, yet it is pouring not just cats and dogs but also assorted barnyard animals and their excrements. I really hope the weather clears up by then, otherwise it's going to be a wet wet race day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home