30 May 2006

Why leave Hong Kong?

I once was lost but now am found.

Behold, the reason why I needn't leave Hong Kong any time soon.


OK, so I was walking through Park'n'Shop yesterday and I found two good reasons not to leave Hong Kong. For the last year I was craving Manhattan style Clam Chowder. They don't sell Manhattan style anywhere in Canada. Damn you, fans of New England style. May you all put on pounds of undesirable fat from the litres of cream you ingest! Anyway, I remember asking some lady from Safeway if they carried any Manhattan Clam Chowder, but they said they stopped carrying it years ago. I was so aching to have it that I was Googling up the recipe. Wel, luckily Hongers import this stuff. And what do you know, it's made by Campbell's. Mmm mmm good!

I subsequently had two cans of this for breakfast.

Another jewel I discovered whilst combing the canned soup aisle was the Sinofied Campbell's soup. Who would have thunk... Campbell's has a Chinese Soup line, including my personal favourite - Hot and Sour Soup. There must be like two bowls of this in a can, and all for the price of HK$7.50, so that's like a dollar something. I promptly bought, I shit you not, a dozen.

Sure, it's not the same as the fake Chinese food joints back home. But it still wasn't bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home