02 August 2006

Calendar Boys.

OK... Calendars in recent decades have been increasingly suggestive. Gone are the days when puritanical Victorian ladies with parasols marked our months with their elegance.

It seems for 2007 some smart-ass who has been watching their Six Feet Under DVDs for far too many hours had some retarded idea crossed off their To Do List.

Meet the Men of Mortuaries.


Read about the story here at the wonderfully homofantastic blog Towelroad.

I'm lost for words.

The ironic punch lies within the story behind the calendar. These men got together to do this thing to raise money for breast cancer patients... Bless you boys for being so charitable... But personally, I don't know if I would like to receive a gift like this if I were inflicted with a life threatening disease. Of course, if I had some sort of capricious humour maybe I'd say "I'd like to have my plot plowed by Mr. March."

OK. So if boys roughing it in the graveyard day in day out doesn't mist you up, you might prefer the more quiet and pious ones. No silly pedophile, I don't have a calendar of altar boys. But I do have, drumroll per favore...Il Calendario Romano., where the hotties of the Catholic Church are now your monthly objects of desire. Screw that bit in the Big Book where they said lusting was a no-no. Now, you can be one step closer to committing blasphemy of the highest order when you covet your priest's jewels.

This picture makes me chuckle cause it reminds me of those firemen's calendars where a shirtless fireman with a hose dangling over his shoulder is holding a helpless kitten in his palms... Priceless.

So, who's thinking of converting?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr J said...

This priest guy's pose reminds me of the Monty Python James Bond dentist sketch. "Flopsy's glad too.... Aren't you, Flopsy? Aaaaaren't you?" as Graham Chapman strokes a taxidermied rabbit. (Observe how I have managed to sidestep the obvious joke. No, you don't have to say it.)
In another way, it reminds me of my latest tragic love affair. Well, the tragic love affair before last, to be precise. He was known as the Professor, and he was known to use the word "egregious" in everyday conversation. I was so in love with him.
So what I'm trying to say, in my roundabout way, is that I would buy the Roman Catholic calendar if it featured the Professor (who used to be a Jesuit monk) stroking a kitten. My "kitten," of course, hahahahahahahaha!
But then it would be a different kind of calendar entirely!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home